Ravi Ravindra obtained degrees of B.Sc. and M. Tech. from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, before going to Canada on a Commonwealth Scholarship to do an M.S. and Ph.D. in Physics from the University of Toronto. Later, he did an M.A. in Philosophy also, and at different times held Post-doctoral fellowships in Physics (University of Toronto), History and Philosophy of Science (Princeton University) and in Religion (Columbia University). He is now Professor Emeritus at Dalhousie University in Halifax (Canada) where he served for many years as a Professor in the departments of Comparative Religion, Philosophy, and of Physics.
He was a Member of the Institute of Advanced Study in Princeton, a Fellow of the Indian Institute of Advanced Study in Shimla, and the Founding Director of the Threshold Award for Integrative Knowledge. He was a member of the Board of Judges for the Templeton Prize for Progress in Religion. He is an Honorary Member of the Scientific and Medical Network and a Fellow of the Temenos Academy, England.
Ravi’s spiritual search has led him to the teachings of J. Krishnamurti, G. I. Gurdjieff, Zen, Yoga, and a deep immersion in the mystical teachings of the Indian and Christian classical traditions. He is the author of several books on religion, science, mysticism, and spirituality.
- The Bhagavad Gita: A Guide to Navigating the Battle of Life – May 2017
- The Gospel of John in the Light of Indian Mysticism (American edition of The Yoga of the Christ)
- Krishnamurti: Two Birds on One Tree
- Science and the Sacred
- Pilgrim Without Boundaries
- The Spiritual Roots of Yoga
- The Wisdom of Patañjali’s Yoga Sutras
- The Pilgrim Soul: Path to the Sacred Transcending World Religions
- Correspondence with Ravi Ravindra From Ravi Ravindra 11 November 2016 at 20:28 Dear Friends: As far as I can understand, if there is one common lesson of all the scriptures and all the sages, it is simply this: As long as one remains the way one is, one cannot come to the Truth (or God or whatever other label one ...
- Members and Advisers Galileo Commission Co-ordinators Prof Dr Harald Walach (Germany and Poland), Professor, Medical University Poznan, Lecturer and Visiting Professor, Department of Psychology, University Witten-Herdecke David Lorimer (France), Programme Director SMN Richard Irwin (UK), Director SMN Advisers Dr Eben Alexander III (US), neurosurgeon and author Prof Chris Bache (US), philosopher, Youngstown State University Anne Baring (UK), Jungian analyst and author Prof Imants Baruss (Canada), psychologist, King’s University College Dr Vasileios ...
- Ravindra, Ravi – Professor. Ravi Ravindra obtained degrees of B.Sc. and M. Tech. from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, before going to Canada on a Commonwealth Scholarship to do an M.S. and Ph.D. in Physics from the University of Toronto. Later, he did an M.A. in Philosophy also, and at different times held Post-doctoral fellowships in Physics (University ...
- Yoga and the Future Science of Consciousness Please use the link below to view the paper. Yoga and the Future Science of Consciousness – Ravi Ravindra
- Yoga, Physics and Consciousness Please use the link below to view the paper. Yoga Physics Consciousness – Ravi Ravindra