- Have you ever felt the presence of a deceased loved one?
- Did you hear them? Did you see them at the foot of your bed at night?
- Was there a characteristic smell that indicated their presence?
- Did you communicate with the person while sleeping?
- Not in an ordinary dream but in a clear and coherent head-to-head
that seemed perfectly real?
If this is the case, you may have experienced what scientists have called an After-Death Communication (ADC).
Thanks to a generous grant from the Salvia Foundation, an ambitious project entitled Investigation of the phenomenology and impact of perceived spontaneous and direct After-Death Communications (ADCs) was conducted from February 2018 to January 2020 to illuminate the nature of ADCs. The research team is made up of seven well-known experts:
- Evelyn Elsaesser, Project Leader, Geneva, Switzerland
- Prof. Chris A. Roe, Principal Investigator, University of Northampton, UK
- Dr. Callum E. Cooper, Team Member, University of Northampton, UK
- David Lorimer, Scientific & Medical Network, UK
- Prof. Kim Penberthy, University of Virginia, USA
- Prof. Peter Fenwick, Kings College, London, UK
- Prof. Emeritus Kenneth Ring, University of Connecticut, USA
The team have recently published their findings in two booklets. In one of their booklets, they present their research findings by anchoring those to previous literature. In the second booklet, the document individual cases and thoroughly describe the phenomenology of an ADC experience.